Summer Soccer Training
Through our very specific summer soccer training program, we will help young athletes get stronger, perform better and be less susceptible to injuries.
Most youth soccer programs (like the ones in Weston, Davie, Sunrise, Cooper City, etc…) ended their seasons right after Memorial Day. While many coaches will begin cardio conditioning programs in late June or early July, few programs offer true strengthening activities as part of their youth soccer training programs. Weston Training Center is changing that!
Here’s some FAQ’s that will help you decide if this program is right for you / your son / daughter.
Why is this so good for girls as well as boys? * Generally speaking, high school age girls do not have as much muscle mass as their male counterparts. (Good article about this fact) Less muscle means more work on the ligaments and tendons, especially in the knees and ankles. By building various muscle groups that are critical for soccer players, the likelihood of injuries will drop considerably.
Is this going to make my daughter “bulk up”? * No! Our program will help your daughter develop strength, improve her flexibility and agility and work her cardiovascular system in a way that is very “soccer appropriate” (rapid acceleration followed by rest, then repeated over and over). Your daughter will likely notice a more toned look to her body but she should not experience a bulking effect.
How will the program work?
* When? The training sessions will be offered Monday nights from 7 to 8 pm, Tues, Thurs & Friday nights from 6 to 7 pm and Saturday mornings. (See postcard below)
* More When info – The sessions will run from mid June through the end of August. You will be able to attend from 1 to 5 sessions per week and the scheduling is very flexible to accommodate summer vacations, etc…
* Where? At our new studio in the Westgate Square shopping center (15826 W. St. Road 84, at the corner of Weston Road and 84. Just a few doors to the left of Uncle Al’s and Bagelmania.)
* How many players in each session? Each session will have room for 8-10 participants.
* Who can join these boot camps? The ideal candidate are boys and girls playing u-16, u-17, u-18 or u-19. Players who just finished their senior years and want to get stronger before heading off to college are also welcome. We have participants from the surrounding programs (Weston, Sunrise, Davie & Cooper City) but welcome players from any location.
* What will take place? There will be several stations set up in the gym. Each will focus on building and improving a specific set of muscles or a soccer specific skill set. Mondays and Fridays will focus on Speed and Agility. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be geared more toward Strength and Conditioning. The Saturday sessions are not soccer specific but will offer a very challenging, well rounded set of exercises.
* How much does it cost? That depends on how many sessions you want to purchase. See the flyer below for exact pricing.
- Save 10% by signing up with at least four other participants!
* We may be traveling during the summer. What if my son or daughter will have to miss a work out or two? No problem! Our packages allow you a given number of sessions. You can use them at any time you choose throughout the summer.
* I’m a parent… I want to do this too! Sorry… these boot camps are only open to teen soccer players. However, we do provide personal training services and would be happy to provide you with a complimentary physical and nutrition evaluation.
Please give us a call at 954-314-7752 if you have any questions. If we’ve answered all your questions, and you are ready to get started, follow the three steps below. See you soon!
Fill out the form below, then see Step 2 below the form.
One Session ($25)
Nine Sessions ($179)
18 Sessions ($269)
36 Sessions ($449) Download this form, print it, fill it out and bring it with you to your first session. Click the big red button to get started.